Pre-construction Meeting Q&A
Today we finally scheduled our Pre-construction meeting. I cannot tell you how excited I am. We received an email from our SR, Jennifer, letting us know a last minute change order was approved and that they were ready to schedule us. The date is set for Friday, April 15th! I started a list of questions that I will be asking at our Pre-construction meeting, and thought it best to type them out here, and I can come back and add the answers once our PM, Mark, lets us know.
- Are the ceilings textures or smooth?
- Will electrical box have labels for switches?
- See if we can keep microwave slightly higher than minimum requirements over stove.
- Is there a screen door with the morning room door? Door type, sliding or french?
- Can we have a different switch for pendant lighting over the counter from the switch for the recessed?
- Can you move the molding down on our tray ceiling for a place for our rope light?
- Can we have slightly more insulation in laundry room and bathroom walls?
- What color and brand is the house paint?
- Where is the access to the attic? If its in an unwanted location can we move it?
- Can you put straw down in the yard for our dog while the grass grows?
- Let him know we plan to expand the size of the driveway.
- Are there any outdoor outlets? Locations?
- What is our yard size in all directions? How close are we to the neighbors?
- Is the garage going to be on a pitch for water flow?
- When is a good time to measure for the fridge?
- Do we need a sump pump backup battery? A dehumidifier?
- Can we have extra support behind the living room wall, Loft wall and Master Bedroom for Flat panel mounts?
- When will we know to have the cable/internet company come to hook up?
- Is there a drain in laundry room to prevent flooding? What happens if washer leaks?
- Can we have left over flooring, siding, and the plastic covering the carpet. (to protect our carpet while movers move things.)
- Can we add a concrete slab outside of the basement door?
- Can we move the vent on the master wall? Floor vent near window? ( Would like it moved because a nightstand will cover it)
- Do the cabinets have knobs?
- Is there a garbage disposal?
These are all the questions I have come up with for now, but I am sure between now and next week I will have even more to ask. Our SR did let us know that our last change request was literally the last thing we could change, so I am not sure about asking for the concrete slab outside the door. Likely they wont, but I may ask during construction rather than at the meeting. I will come back to the blog with the answers they give us, so STAY TUNED!