Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2016

While I wait, why not shop?

So far we haven't heard anything outside of what we already know. We will be contacted prior to grounbreaking for our pre-construction meeting, averaging a week before. So far nothing. I did get back out to Riterug and choose a backsplash for our kitchen, which actually took alot longer then all the other choices. We could only upgrade one level, so we just have normal tile, similair to the 6x6 in bathrooms. I am okay with that for now, because it means less work for me in the next year or two until we can get around to changing it out. I also have been shopping, like a crazy person, almost everyday. I don't buy things everyday, in fact I haven't bought anything yet, just looking is making me more and more excited. Here are a few things I have been looking at.
Loving this dresser! I am not sure if we even need one, as big as the closet is, but I can dream and plan right?
I love this sofa! This will be a purchase after we move in, I am ready to get rid of our 5 year old one for a fresh new one. I would choose a grey color, this just happened to be the stock photo.
We plan to buy this from Wayfair shorty after moving in. I AM IN LOVE with this and the price. I would like to have a slightly larger table, but realistically we don't get many visitors for dinner, so this would be great for us four. 
Love this lamp from Wayfair. Basic and sleek at the same time. Would be a great addition to our master bedroom!





Can you see how excite I am? They say that preconstruction goes slow, but the building goes fast. I really hope so, I am dying to get out of our current house. I love alot of things here, but I am ready to really be settled.  I am ready to paint walls without asking for permission or plant a garden without having to dig it all up when we move.. I'm excited not to rent anymore, and pay into something we don't get anything back from.



I also spent a few minutes trying to explain our lot to my mother. She is aware we have a lot on a main road, which isn't a typical Ryan community. Our front street is not on a culdasac, but rather a double yellow lined road that is a "main" road (much less traffic then a true main road). Our community is the first phase, and they are starting the second behind us this month. That community will have the culdasac roads, but I am ok with it. Thier starting price for the same model is 40k more than ours. This is something that did bother me, the road, but I realized we don't play out front hardly at all, and our backyard will get a fence. So I am fine with it.

Here is our lot (yes we have a downgrade 20 feet or so behind, which we plan to fill) *See the grey box? Thats where our house is going, The green lines say where are yard goes to the road and behind the house)


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on everything going on with your new home!!
    I'm Ashley and found your blog via a comment on another blog that I am following!
    We are building a Milan floor plan in Cincinnati, OH :-)
    I'm looking forward to following your progress! It sounds like we should have our home started around the same time as you guys!
    Here's the link to my blog if you want to follow along:

    http://oneinamilan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete