Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 13, 2016

We have a date!!!!!!

***Jumping for joy!!***


          Today we met with our SR, Jennifer, who I love by the way, and went over our final selections for the house. We surprisingly took a few things away, but then added some as well... so it all actually ended up evening out. When we originally chose our options we had decided to add the plumbing rough in, ten 110 outlets and 4 ceiling fan rough ins. Initially we just really guessed at the amount of outlets we would need, but because they give you one every 6 feet or so, we didn't need as many. Our basement is an unfinished one, so that's where a lot of them were going to go. The joys of running a home business.... NOT. So we decided to go down to 7 outlets, of which 3 are in the basement, 1 in the master, 1 by the fireplace for our tv, 1 inside a kitchen cabinet to add under cabinet lights later and finally 1 somewhere else that I can't remember off the top of my head. We also decided to downgrade a ceiling fan rough in to just a normal light, and we moved it into the living room. We also decided against the plumbing rough in. All in all, with everything we added and took away, along with a really awesome credit we got (will speak more on this later), our total stayed exactly the same from where we started. (No lie, we only went up by $100!!!). 

         Some of the big things we got were : an upgraded (all the way) master bath, tray ceiling in bedroom, upgraded the counter tops by one package, Elevation C, the stone hearth fireplace, 3 extra windows, gourmet counter top, and a backsplash. I am super excited for this to get started. I never actually saw myself building a house. I mean, we work from home, and have raised a business from infancy. I just never seen it as a possibility. Which, I think, makes this even more exciting!!! 

        Today we also had the chance to pick our house colors. We happened to luck out by not having any houses to the left of ours to compete with, but we did have one to the right.... his was tan, so that was no big deal. We flipped through the massive amount of colors (which I was surprised by since almost all the houses we drove by had similar color schemes), and were quick to pick what we wanted. I already knew I wanted a red door. Like the "BOOM" in your eyeballs kinda red door. My husband wanted a house on the grey side. We both liked the FLint color. So.. It just flew through there. We went with the exact color scheme in the book and the same one I had downloaded on my phone. (I downloaded a photo of another ryan home with the colors). You can see our selections below. 



        Oh, and by the way.....


WE HAVE A DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     Our SR said that we are on schedule for an April 18th groundbreaking. And that we would have our pre-construction meeting around a week before. I couldn't be happier! 


      We are still waiting for our Approval, which I hope comes in the next 2 weeks. I emailed NVR our last bits of paperwork they wanted on Friday, so they will have it all come Monday. I don't anticipate problems, but what loan really ever does run smoothly? I'll keep my fingers crossed and eyes peeled for an email or call. Until then, I have to run back to Rite rug to pick out our kitchen backsplash ASAP - along with start looking for some lights and ceiling fans for our rough ins. Oh the fun! 




No comments:

Post a Comment